[note: this post, like an air-cooled 911, is back-dated to when these events occurred]
Track day is Saturday, so this past weekend I installed the track brake setup:
DBA 4000-series rotors
Ferodo DS1.11 pads
Castrol SRF unicorn blood brake fluid
(I am stock otherwise, except for Mountune braided lines)
I've got a good feeling about this brake setup. I was so interested in the Kangaroo Paw (R) technology that I went down there over Thanksgiving to check the grip.
Yeah, that's good.
This was my first job on the new 5000lb Quick Jacks I bought a month ago. I have wanted these for years but always found a way to talk myself out of the expense, but I'm so glad I finally took the plunge. Setup was easy and so far it's been great. I prefer this way of doing things:
Brakes went on without much fuss.
I did a quick test drive to make sure everything felt OK before parking the car. I plan to bed the pads in my first session at the track, per the instructions, so I don't want to do more street miles than necessary before then. Perhaps I'm over-cautious, but after the last brake issue... that's the way I want to play it. Interestingly the brakes had strong bite straight out of the driveway, usually the first few stops are weak but these didn't waste any time.
To put a cap on this partially Australia-themed post, I will be seeing Tame Impala Friday night and then hating life waking up at 5:15a the next morning to get down to Laguna Seca. Hopefully I return with good news.
Post a Comment